Sunday, February 10, 2013

New lights for the The Noir cafe

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm continuing to update, repair and renovate some of the buildings on the Lost Ocean Line.
The cafe didn't have any interior lights. When I wanted to fake some lighting for staging photos, I'd just open the roof and drop in  a small LED connected to a battery. That was ok for background shots, but didn't allow for photos near or inside the building, so I built an overhead light fixture from some styrene scraps and two grain-of-wheat bulbs.
The bulbs aren't glued into place and can be removed if they burn out. The wiring snakes through the styrene trough that keeps the fixtures in place, goes down through the kitchen area, and pops out the bottom of the building for connection to the layout accessory power.
As well as lighting, I added a sign above the back door and a small garden for outside seating. It needs some tables, chairs, and people, but that's for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment